Monday, August 13, 2012

Week 5 Challenge: You Editing a Photo

When editing photos I do a few different things.  The first step in my process is the easy editing.  This is typically done in bridge or lightroom and consists of color balancing, exposure setting and some light spot removal.  When I do this I use my main computer monitor since I have it calibrated for the color.  My main computer monitor is the one that you can see me staring into in the photo. The second part of my editing technique plays into the heavy editing.  I typically do this when looking at my television which I have connected to my computer as a second monitor.  The reason I do this for the heavy editing is because the screen is much bigger which allows me to see everything much easier.  The television can be seen at the white box behind me with the image inside.  The heavy editing takes place when I have to mask out an area or do more than just spot healing.  Anything that has a very fine detail in it is done using my television so I can see everything much easier without having to strain my eyes.

This image was shot at an ISO of 800 at an aperture of 2.8 and a shutter speed of 1/80.  I had three light sources in this image, the computer monitor, the television and then a lamp which is not visible in the image.  I did a slight color correction on the image seeing as there were three different light sources which means there are three different temperatures making color changes from all directions of the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment