Monday, August 6, 2012

Week 4 Challenge: You in a Photo Store


I tend to do about ninety percent of all of my shopping, be it photo equipment or clothes, all online.  My interpretation of me in a photo store is that in my store of choice.  As you can see from the image, my store of choice is B&H Photo.  I first heard about B&H when I first started to get into photography roughly two years ago.  Ever since then I had scoured their website for deals and spent numerous amounts of time reading up on different items and reviews by the professionals.  B&H had become not only a store to me but also a resource in helping me get the equipment needed to help expand my photo arsenal.  My first big purchase from B&H was my 580 EX II.  The thing that surprised me the most about the online retailer was how fast the item had gotten to my door step.  Based out of New York, I believe, it got to me in Nevada in roughly 2 to 3 business days.  I have never had any troubles through ordering online through B&H and would highly recommend them to any photographer.

The image was shot at 400 ISO with aperture of 2.0 and a shutter speed of 1/80.  I had intended to use the monitor as my light source and tried to shroud everything else around so it seemed as if I were immersed in the online store itself.  The only post production done in the image is a bit of an adjustment to exposure and a little adjustment to the color setting as well.  In RAW I was very blue to I pushed it a little to give some life back into me.

No comments:

Post a Comment