Monday, July 30, 2012

Week 4 EOC: Peering Into the Future


Twenty-five years down the road at the very least, which should not be an issue, is to be established wherever I may be at the time.  I say established in the basic sense that my photography will be my career and I will have a constant stream of work to keep me busy.  During this time though, given the age difference, I may not be providing work for venues like I would be doing in the earlier years.  I may tend to focus on more high-end events and have a couple of assistants to help make sure that the whole event is covered at all times.  I would try to focus more on galas and events of that sort.  Over the years I would have acquired more funds to purchase more equipment, not just cameras and lenses but also lighting equipment.  This would allow me to branch out into portraiture and more studio work to ensure that when big events aren’t happening I am able to keep busy and keep a steady flow of income.  The main question here is if I will be opening a studio and have another set of rent to pay each month or shoot out of a room in the house.  Regardless of which you can still produce the same quality images.  One thing I would tend to stay away from though is weddings, unless it is solely for a friend.  While weddings pay good, I have never had a very fun experiencing whilst shooting them. I would have no problem doing engagement photos or anything of that sort, it is just the wedding ceremony in general which I will stay away from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment