Monday, July 30, 2012

Week 3 Challenge: You Incredible!


Six years ago I had embarked on a journey in which I never would have imagined.  I was fresh out of high school ready to take on the world, and so I did.  Okay, not the whole world but on country that I had always wanted to see.  I spent a month of my life, at the age of eighteen, in Australia.  I took on this journey with a friend and his brother.  During this time we traveled to numerous spots around Australia to see what else the world had in store outside of the states.  We came across many people that we still talk about to this day and a few in which we still talk to, to this day.  The image I selected is of me in a park in Melbourne.  For those who do not know, Melbourne is the art capital of Australia so we had seen some pretty amazing things.  This is one of the only images on my trip of me being somewhere.  I took many pictures while there and the majority of them did not have me or anyone else in them.  During this time I had not taken up any type of photography so everything was done with a simple point and shoot.  We used this to keep track of our journey and took numerous pictures of the various places we had explored.  Some of these places were the Picasso museum in Melbourne, the rainforest/sky rail in Cairns, The Great Barrier Reef and of course the wonderful Sydney Opera House.  The one month I spent outside of the country had changed many ways I had thought and opened my eyes to the world in a whole new way.

No comments:

Post a Comment