Monday, July 9, 2012

Week 1 EOC: Stallion not Unicorn


The market for event photography is quite vast.  Events come and go in the blink of an eye and the best way to keep the memory of them alive is through images.  While choosing to do event photography I will mostly be shooting natural light, which I do prefer to studio lighting.  With the constant movement at events I am forced to work under constant pressure and have to find the answers to problems in the blink of an eye.  My preference of events would be shooting concerts for bands or anything music related.  I would love to do this as freelance work so I can get my work out to whoever would be a potential buyer depending on the subject matter.  Not every concert can be sold to the same buyer, it is all dependent on the music genre and also the caliber of the event.  If I were to be signed on I would prefer to be on with Insomniac events.  One major event that Insomniac hosts has now found its new home in Vegas.  This event is known as the Electric Daisy Carnival.  This event consists of six different stages and an ocean of people.  The vast stages that the performers play on are always different and always provide a sense of something bigger, which is something I would love each photo taken to portray.  While I would prefer music events, any event is something I will take due to the fast pace, as long as in the end I’m not doing studio portraits and have something new every time I go to work I’ll be completely content with my job choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment