Monday, July 23, 2012

Week 2 Challenge: Paparazzi


This photo challenge to me was something a bit difficult but something also completely new.  I had never considered myself able to shoot something “paparazzi” style, in fact, I despise that style.  A co-worker of mine is friends with a man who plays in a bigger indie rock band that goes between California and here.  While using this to my advantage I decided to tag along with them as they hung out one night.  The image I chose was that of almost a basic headshot but one that evoked something more than just being an image, this one to me had a sense of life to it.  It had attitude and also portrayed the individual how he is.  During the course of me tagging along I got numerous shots of both individuals but I decided to make this about my co-workers friend since I had used the co-worker as a subject before. 
In post I had cropped the picture a tiny bit so it didn’t look as awkward.  The only lighting that I used were the lights in the area which gave off an orange glow so I changed the temperature a little.  Aside from that and a little exposure bump everything else was left as done in camera.  I had equipped my flash but after a few images of harsh lighting I was not liking the way it came out so I swapped to my 50mm 1.4 and opened the aperture up to get those ambient light images.

No comments:

Post a Comment