Monday, August 13, 2012

Week 6 EOC: How has Art Changed You?


Art has played a role in my life throughout its entirety thus far.  When I was younger I would do a lot more with drawing and painting.  As I progressed on through middle school and started to focus more on my schooling the drawing had started to subside.  Going into high school it had started to come back and then I had started to take more classes pertaining to the arts.  During this time I was venturing into things I had not done before such as sculpting.  When doing art I am at ease, be it something simple as doodling into something more time consuming as painting.  During the past year I had developed anxiety and lost my artistic side whilst working and going to school, time was something that I did not have.  I started to make more time for art and set aside a certain amount of time a week.  Doing this truly helped me in finding my calm and helped to set my anxiety at ease.  While it is still persistent and comes in at random times the anxiety still persists.  I then quit my job to focus more on my schooling, which in turn has me doing more art.  By doing this I keep focusing more on the things I am doing in my photographic career and am spending less time worrying about my health.  Ultimately, I am hoping that focusing on this will lower my over all levels of stress, as it has done for me before, and can get me back to the person that I used to be.  One year ago when I lost art I started to lose myself.  Now that I am getting it back I am getting my life back.  That is how art has and will influence and change me.

No comments:

Post a Comment